Five Causes of Constipation
(1) Infrequent bowel movements. Everyone should have 2- 3 bowel movements a day. Anything less results in constipation. That’s why you should make bathroom time a part of your day. Never suppress the urge to go. Take the time to sit down on the commode, even if you don’t feel an urge to go. If you constipated, a colon cleanse will help you get regular again.
(2) Travel or a disruption in your regular schedule. If we’re busy and on-the-go, it’s a challenge to stay regular.
(3) Lack of a healthy intestinal lining that is capable of producing enough mucous to properly lubricate your stools. If this is the case, you might be deficient in Vitamin A or Vitamin D.
(4) Not drinking enough water. Be sure to drink at least 8 glasses of water daily, and eat plenty of water-rich foods.
(5) Poor diet. At best, you should be eating at least 5 servings of fruit and veggies every day. Avoid or minimize junk food, sugar, unrefined white flour products, fried foods, fast food, and anything processed. Try to eat as close to whole, natural food as possible. For instance, oatmeal is better than corn flakes (because they’ve been processed.)
(6) Stress. If you’re stressed out, your body is in a state of persistent, heightened alert and “rest + digest” functions may be suppressed. Take time out to relax, unwind and de-stress every day.
If you’re constipated, let’s set up an appointment for a colon cleanse.
At Bridge to Wellness, we care about you and want you to be regular again.
Call Angela at Bridge to Wellness
at Tel. (864) 963-4466